Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Kentucky Derby 2006 vs 2009

In 2006, I had the once in a lifetime experience of attending the Kentucky Derby with 17 of my best friends for my bachelorette party. The reason it was a once in a lifetime experience is because the next time I attend the Derby, I will be sitting in the stands, not in the infield (please refer to pictures below to see what the infield entails)! HA! It was an awesome and memorable weekend though.










This year, Sweet Pea decided he/she wanted to watch the Derby from room 283 in Piedmont's Labor and Delivery wing.



I am fine and the baby is fine. After being with a bunch of new mom's at a baby shower on Saturday and them seeing my very swollen feet and legs, it was suggested that I have my blood pressure checked. So we went to the drugstore and I put my arm in one of those machines. The bp was 151 over 97. That is high. So I called my doctor's office and the doctor on call was at the hospital delivering a baby and said I could come on down there and they would check me out. So better safe than sorry, we headed to Piedmont. They checked my blood pressure for over 2 hours and hooked me up to the fetal heartbeat monitor while I lay in bed and watched the Derby. My bp came back down to normal and there was no protein in my urine either which is a good sign. Doctor said to put my feet up for the rest of the weekend. Riiiiiight. Easier said than done when the nesting urge is taking over. I feel fine, except I am exhausted and my legs and feet hurt from the swelling and have to weigh about 25 pounds each.

We feel like we did a trial run for the when we do go into labor. We now know exactly where to go and what to do!

We have our 36 week appointment on Monday afternoon.

No comments: