Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 15, 2009

Baby Hinson's Birth Day is on the calendar!!!!

We had a doctor's appointment this morning. My mother and John were in attendance. First, they were going to do an ultrasound so we all guessed the size of the baby. Remember that 11 days ago the baby was measuring 7 lbs, 15 oz.


Mom = 8 lbs, 4 0z

John = 8 lbs, 7 oz

Kyle = 8 lbs, 13 oz


Baby is actually measuring:



9 lbs, 2 oz

which makes the due date May 2!!



Ha Ha!



So, the first thing the doctor says is:

"This is a big baby with a huge head, we should go ahead and schedule a c-section for next week."


So after some discussion of me preferring trying to have the baby through the birth canal and whether or not that is unrealistic, she said that I can definitely try that route first and if pushing doesn't work, they will do a c-section then. She also said that she wanted to go ahead and get the baby out early next week because she is afraid that I am going to get sick. She didn't really elaborate on that but I am thinking she is just worried about my continued high blood pressure, swelling and rapidly increasing size of the baby. I am also 3 cm dialated now.




So we will report to Piedmont Hospital at 6:00 am on

Tuesday, May 19

to be induced.



I really can't believe we finally have a date. Now, if we have a long labor and go into midnight that will make it Wednesday, May 20 and that will be our 3rd Wedding Anniversary. If you would have told me a week ago that our baby might share our anniversary I would have freaked out and possibly pitched a fit. I had planned for that to not happen with a May 31 due date. Again, I had planned it. But since my grandfather's untimely passing, especially on John's birthday and being buried yesterday on my Uncle's birthday I am learning that I have to quit planning things. Everything really does happen for a reason. So regardless of whether the baby comes on Tuesday or Wednesday, it will be the best anniversary present John could ever give me. It will be hard for him to top this present in the years to come.


The end is near. Or as John says, the beginning is near. True, True. He really does have a way with words. We will have a baby in 4 days. We will know if we have a son or a daughter in 4 days. We will become parents in 4 days. I am a new person today, have a renewed outlook on life and am so excited I can barely stand it.


And get this, that is the same day my friend Adrienne is being induced at Northside! Too bad we won't be at the same hospital. But we will be going to the same pediatrician so maybe we can carpool to appointments!

This weekend will be spent doing some last minute things, mostly around the house, since I am still on bed rest, and enjoying our last moments as Just the Two of Us!

** as always, baby could still come on its own before Tuesday **

2 comments:

Tripp, Jack, Charlotte said...

YAY! So happy you finally have a date. I know you're anxious- Tripp was 9 lb a week and a half early (not a c-section)- and a friend just had her first non-section (she opted for this after a section with her first) and her son ended up being 9 lb 13 oz- she is great and says wouldn't change it!
I am so excited for both of you- you guys will be great parents!

Lindsay and Roe said...

How very exciting! I know that you are going to do great! The Williams family will be thinking of you and anxiously awaiting baby Hinson. Nothing wrong with a big baby - you can do it girl!!