Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 4, 2009

36 week doctor appointment

Well, I am writing this from the bed, which is where I will be until this baby gets here. Yep, I have officially been put on bedrest. From someone who is a professional errand runner, this is quite possibly my worst nightmare but I don't think I will be here that long. And like one of the doctors in the practice said, who I grew up babysitting for, who saw us in the hall when we were leaving, I could have been put on bedrest at 26 weeks, not 36 weeks, and to get some good magazines and watch alot of daytime television. So I know it could be much worse.


Upon arriving at the appointment, my blood pressure is back up. When I get to the room where I will be seeing my regular doctor, they have me lay on my left side for a few minutes and they take it again, and it has gone down but not enough. My doctor comes in and gets caught up on Saturday's events and she is majorly concerned about my feet and legs and says my fingers and hands are swollen and my face (great). So she is treating me for preeclampsia. She says I will not make it to our due date and they will have to induce me. She then measures my stomach and it is back to measuring ahead of schedule so she wants me to have an ultrasound right then. Before we head down the hall for that, she checks me and I am already 2 cm dialated and 50 % effaced.


After reminding the ultrasound technician that we do not know the sex of the baby, she starts looking around and trys to get some measurements. The baby's head is SO LARGE that it does not compute. Oh wonderful. I start crying and saying that I don't want a c-section, etc. Baby currently weighs 7 lbs, 15 oz and the estimated due date is May 9. That is this Saturday folks! And John's birthday!!!


I have an appointment again on Wednesday morning to have my blood pressure checked and to see the doctor. So hopefully we will know more about being induced then and a possible date.


My mother was already planning on spending the week here helping me as she was putting me on bedrest even if the doctor didn't. So she will be here starting Tuesday morning getting everything washed and packed for the hospital.
More later....

2 comments:

Lindsay and Roe said...

Don't wash too many newborn outfits...You may have a baby that is too big for them and they will end up packed up without even being worn :) Just a little word of caution from experience!!

lnichols said...

atleast you can blog from bed. keep us posted! we wish you the best!