Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Old Wives Tales

On a 6 hour Junior League bus tour yesterday, one of my provisionals performed an Old Wives Tale on me. She held a necklace above my wrist and it definitely started moving in circles. She has a 3 year old little boy and performed the test on herself, it started moving back and forth. I'm sold! So it made me think of other Old Wives Tales and I did some research....this is what I came up with.



1) If you carry high, it’s a girl. Low, it’s a boy.
I feel like I am carrying high. GIRL




2) You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread.
Nothing new here. GIRL



3) Tie your wedding ring to a string and dangle it over your belly. If it swings back and forth, it’s a boy. If it goes in circles, it’s a girl. You can also do this holding the string over your open palm or wrist.
GIRL




4) Chinese Gender Chart (http://parenting.ivillage.com/ttc/ttcsigns/0,,j736,00.html )
Some say this is correct 90% of the time.
GIRL



5) If you have acne during pregnancy, it’s a girl. If you don’t, it’s a boy.
GIRL



6) If you have morning sickness, you’re having a girl. If you don’t, you’re having a boy.
I had all day sickness the entire first trimester. GIRL


7) If your urine is neon yellow, it’s a boy. If it’s a dull yellow, it’s a girl.
Sorry to talk about my urine. BOY


8) If your hair on your legs grows faster, it’s a girl.
I haven’t noticed any kind of sudden overgrowth on my legs unless you can count leaving the hair there for longer peroids of time because the belly gets in the way of shaving. BOY



9) If the dad-to-be is gaining weight with you, it’s a boy. If he stays the same, it’s a girl.
I should check with John to be sure, but I’m going to say.....GIRL



10) If you have headaches, you’re having a boy. If you don’t, it’s a girl.
BOY



11) Girls steal your beauty. If you look better than before, it’s a boy. If you don’t, it’s a girl.
I receive complements from people who know me and random strangers about how good I look but would they really tell me if I looked bad? BOY



12) If your feet are colder than usual, it’s a boy. If they’re the same, it’s a girl.

GIRL



13) If you are craving sweets, you're having a girl. If you crave salty or sour things, it's a boy.
Wanted Munckins for breakfast, they were all gone so I had to settle for regular donuts. GIRL


14) If your belly looks like a watermelon, you're having a girl. If it looks like a basketball, it's a boy.
BOY


TOTAL for GIRL = 9

TOTAL for BOY = 5

So I still think We are havin' a gurl!
I'm off to buy hair bows! (kidding)

1 comment:

Tripp, Jack, Charlotte said...

It takes a lot to make me laugh out loud (especially while sitting alone reading)...but you crack me up.
My history (if you could care less stop reading)...I only had acne with Charlotte at the beginning- never ever with the boys. Good lord did she steal my beauty...and my body. After both boys all was good- bikinis and all- now after having her...I'm not sure if a large full coverage one piece would suffice. My stomach definitely looked like I was carrying much higher with charlotte (with both boys it was mostly under the belly button until of course they were huge at the end), and my mouth(gums) hurt with both boys (never with the girl).
I think you're having a girl...not only because of your quiz...just a feeling. Go get your bows