Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tea, Miss Mary?

Grandmommie's college suite mate, Miss Mary, sent Fannie B this ADORABLE cloth tea set for her birthday. It even has her name embroidered on it.




FB blowing Miss Mary a Thank You Kiss without even being asked to!






Check out the cake and cupcake, too cute!






Fannie had too much tea and passed out!





This year, our baby is playing with custom made tea sets and last year we were scurrying around the house adding some last minute items to the hospital bag.







This was the last belly shot, thank goodness! I was in pain, swollen and over it!






Since I couldn't leave the house, we had takeout from Nancy G's as our last meal. I didn't have much of an appetite though. I was so incredibly nervous and I think John was too. I wasn't nervous about bringing the baby home, becoming a parent, having a newborn, sleepless nights, etc. but nervous about how I was going to get this possible 9 pounder out of the incubator. I was scared to death about labor and delivery. For 9 months it didn't phase me until those last few days that I actually had to do some MAJOR work to bring this baby into the world. I don't know how I thought that was going to happen, maybe the stork? Gosh, the stork would have been awesome.




I do remember feeling a twinge of sadness that things would never been the same again. That the very happy unit of Kyle and John was about to be invaded upon by Sweet Pea. I quickly got over that. It was about to get so much better. And I had no idea just how much better life would be.

We went to bed and there was not much rest for me that night but that was nothing new as I hadn't slept in months. I hated the nighttime while being pregnant.

The next day, May 19, was going to be a monumental day in the life of our family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy First Birthday Fannie- with Love from Cousin Kyle
I can't wait to see you again!