Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 14, 2010

Cookie Monster

After music class on Wednesday, FB and I popped into Publix to pick up a few things. We went to the bakery to speak to one of Mommy's friends, Miss Destiny (Mommy has lots of friends at Publix who she is on a first name basis with!), but she had already left for the day.



BUT, one of the bakery workers asked us if we wanted a cookie. A free cookie. Oh my heavens to Betsy, my knees buckled and I could barely gain my composure. Was this really happening? Was my baby old enough to actually be eligible for a free cookie from the bakery? Reality check Mommy, yes.she.is.



I remember getting free cookies from the Vinings Kroger and even Rich's. And now my own child is on the receiving end.



For the sake of the picture, I let Fannie hold the whole thing but she can't be trusted with it, the whole cookie would have disappeared in .7 seconds and would have been found in her cheeks. She is a food hoarder, much like a squirrel.











I pinched off little bites as we went through the store and even caught her signing for more!





1 comment:

Amy R. said...

So cute! i'm ready for the birthday party pics! Also, i have to say, i'm obviously savoring every moment and phase with Ryder, but we had our first trip to the grocery store today just the two of us and i'm looking forward to a day when he can sit like a big kid like FB in the top of the shopping cart! Is there no option for now other than putting the car seat/bucket actually IN the shopping cart where the groceries go? :) Kyle, she's just precious! can't believe she's a year old, it must just fly by!