Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

This is why I love Atlanta

and our neighborhood, Meadowbrook.




This is a real email we received from our neighborhood email list serve last night:




Hi Lisa,




Would you please ask the neighborhood if anyone has any mint left in their yard?




Our neighbor, XXXX XXXXXXX, who lives just across the street from me, is home from the hospital after having had very serious heart surgery.




The only thing that doesn't make her nauseous is ice tea; she sips slowly on it. It tastes good to her when it has a little bit of mint in it. If anyone has even a little sprig that is still green, it would make a big difference for her. I would be glad to pick it up. If anyone sees mint still on sale at one of the stores in the area, I would like to know so that I could go to get it. One neighbor gave me the remains of her mint that had not totally turned brown. The leaves were minute and the little sprigs about 3 and 4 inches long. XXXX said that she is using it as sparingly as she can and that it has made all the difference for her.




I would appreciate your spreading the word for me.


XXXX XXXXXX


404 123 4567




That my friends is the epitome of the CLASSIC deep South. The real housewives of Atlanta. Obeying one of the Ten Commandments. This would please my anscestors.


It makes me want to hop on one of these:



I wish I had some mint.


No comments: