Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Look what I bought today......!!!!













Yep, rice cereal and baby food for the Little Miss. Our pediatrician gave us the go ahead to try it. It was sort of an out of body experience. I really thought I was in someone else's body traveling down the baby aisle at Publix. Was I really shopping for my own baby who is old enough to eat baby food? That is insane. I will tell you that I was disappointed that I couldn't find Gerber Stage 1 in the glass jars. Do they even make it? I have no idea, I am new at this game. I do know to try veggies first. Also, I haven't decided whether to do original vs. organic. And, I have been contemplating making our own but the pediatrician said I have too much on my plate to do that. I like her. Alot. So, we will try giving FB rice cereal in a few days, probably the first of next week. We have a busy rest of the week.


3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Let me know how the baby food goes! I've struggled incorporating it into our routine. Once I get adjusted to one routine, it's time to change and move on to the next!

Lindsay and Roe said...

I didn't find Stage 1 in the jars, but I also didn't look very hard. Supposedly sweet potatoes have the least chance of allergic reaction, so we started with those. Can't wait to hear all about it!

lnichols said...

Unfortunately we had to start with prunes (for a specific reason :) )haha. But I have always been told to start with lighter colored foods and work towrads darker colored foods. I guess it has something to do with blander to tastier... Super easy with the baby food, but a whole lot messier. I don't know why, but I have been on the Organic train. Maybe just mental, not sure but for some reason made me feel better about it. Go figure. Maybe it is a swap for her being in daycare :)