Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Different

This birthday was different.










Last year, it was just the two of us.







Last year, we celebrated my b-i-g birthday at Barnesley Gardens.









There was skeet shooting.











And tours of old houses.







And tours of gardens.





There was a Civil War Artifacts Musuem.







And someone was in heaven!








There was a post shooting cold beverage: a non-alcoholic beer for the mommy to be!







There was a quaint cottage.








And a 28 week belly picture, with balloons from the Fairy Godmother in the background.









There was a very happy couple counting down the days until they got to meet Sweet Pea...










And a fancy birthday dinner at Woodlands Grill.






And yet another round of shooting!











Last year was different. It was just the two of us.








Last year was different. It was my last birthday with my Pap Pap in attendance.





This year was different. It was my first birthday as a real mother.





The day started off with my baby and her daddy bringing me a birthday card in bed. The envelope said: Mommy. The Hallmark card said: Mom. I had to fight to get the card which ended in a yelp of sorts, but as soon as I gave her back the envelope, all was right again.





I went to work, sat through our weekly sales meeting, returned some emails, turned in a contract, got a walnut chicken salad on wheat sandwich from Cafe at Pharr and sat in the parking lot at the Chastain Publix and ate. After my sandwich, I went grocery shopping. on. my. birthday. And I was so happy to do so! Really I was!






Then I went back to Meadowbrook, unloaded the groceries and put myself to bed for 2 hours. Passed out. Some cute little precious girl with alot of hair (hint hint!) has gotten everyone sick, myself included.







Then my baby and her daddy got home, everyone freshened up, and we were off to a very low key birthday dinner at Nancy G's. It was perfect. It was different. Presents and Fluff didn't matter.






Nothing like a Patagonia Vest and a bow to match!
















All that matters is that baby girl, the gift that keeps on giving.














1 comment:

Walker James Kirkland said...

Beautifully said! What a wonderful year---glad it was happy! :)