Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cheeks

We have known from day one that Fannie Bradley's cheeks came from her daddy and now we see where John got his cheeks!



This is Angie with her Saffie.





We think that Angie is about the same age in this picture as Fannie Bradley is today.


I love this picture for about a hundred different reasons but mostly because I feel like I am looking at my own daughter.



I wonder if Saffie taught Angie this song as she now sings it to FB all the time:


Get out de skillet,

Get out de lead,

Mammy's goin' make a little short'nin' bread.

Da ain't all, she's qoin' ta do

Mammy's goin' to make a little coffee, too.


Mammy's little baby loves short'nin', short'nin',

Mammy's little baby loves short'nin' bread.


Three little chillin, lyin' in bed,

Two was sick and de other most dead,

Mammy called de doctor,

De doctor said,

Feed dem chillin on short'nin' bread.



I stole de skillet,

I stole de lid,

I stole de gal to make shortnin bread.

Paid six dollahs fo' de skillet,

Paid six dollahs fo' de lid

Spent six months in jail eatin' shortnin' bread

No comments: