Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 4, 2010

38 Weeks, 2 Days

That is how old Fannie Bradley is today. That is also the amount of time she spent in the womb. She has been out as long as she was in.



It's no secret, Sweet Pea and I did not get along well while she was in the womb. At. All.

There was the nausea, leg cramps, carpel tunnel syndrome, iron deficiency, exhaustion, insomnia, 2 hospitalizations, gestational hypertension, weeks of bed rest, and severe swelling...just to name a few of the Sweet Pea induced ailments. I won't go into the horrific details of our first meeting, a.k.a. labor and delivery. I'll save that story for her first birthday. And no, labor amnesia has still not set in. I painfully remember all of the details.


I think it is only fitting that I ended up being induced at 38 weeks, 2 days. Sweet Pea was ready to be the center of attention and thank goodness because we get along much better now!


This pic was taken about 24 hours before the baby was born, so really 38 weeks, 1 day.



Swollen and Over it!




These past 38 weeks have been so much better than the previous 38!


There are some days that I am surprised that her cheeks aren't chapped and rubbed raw from me kissing and loving on her all day.




I love you, Sweet Pea! I am thankful we are friends now.

No comments: