Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

September 23, 2008

The day John found out I was pregnant.



September 23, 2009


To my daughter,

Fannie Bradley, it was one year ago that I found out Mommy was pregnant with you. It is difficult to describe the incredible joy this news brought as your arrival and first four months have overshadowed all of my prior memories. I can tell you that Mommy and Aunt Anne were able to completely surprise me at the special corner of Peachtree Street and 10th Street, where I also proposed marriage to Mommy in front of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta during the Peachtree Road Race. Lucky for us that she accepted.

With Aunt Anne videotaping and Mommy using flash cards, I learned the significance of 1968 Peachtree Road = your place of birth (Labor for Mommy & Delivery for You at Piedmont Hospital).

It was a surreal evening of amazement, happiness and grace; truly your news was a blessing from God. Again, you have already eclipsed all of my hopes and dreams and I am so glad to be your Daddy. I know you have already found your Laughing Place that Uncle Remus told us about at home with Mommy, Daddy, Sundance & Butch on Valley Brook Drive in Atlanta, Georgia. Watch out world, Fannie Bradley is here!


Love always,

Daddy

No comments: