Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 21, 2009

September 21, 2008

The day I found out I was pregnant.




This is a letter I wrote that night and had it saved on the computer.






Dear precious Baby,
So it is 7:36 pm on Sunday night, the day I found out about you. I feel like I should jot down a few thoughts that are running through my mind and heart right now. Your sweet Daddy went to Ribs, Etc. for lunch and to do his football picks. I stayed at home, on the computer reading blogs! It was about 1:30 and thinking that daddy would be home around 2:00 I decided to hop in the shower. But before doing so, I decided to take a home pregnancy test just for the heck of it. Well, I did and laid the test on the bathroom counter. Immediately a - comes up. So I am disappointed. I notice another window on the test and wonder what its function is and decide that I better read the instructions. Good thing I did. You have to wait for a mark to appear in that second smaller window to know that the test is working correctly. Ah, ok. So I look back at the tester stick and now there is a + in the first larger window. WHAT?!?!? I return to the instructions and read the entire pamphlet about 3 times. Ok, ok, deep breathes. So I am in disbelief and want to call your sweet daddy but I have grander plans for him, more on that later. So I plan to re-test tomorrow morning, first thing and hope to get the same miraculous result. How could I ever be so lucky? After leaving the bathroom, I immediately hop on the internet and figure out when you might grace us with your presence. According to several websites, you would be due on May 31, 2009. Boy, do we love May. That is the month that your sweet daddy was born (May 9), your great grandmother, Rhee, was born (May 9 too). Your great aunt and uncle, Coty and Chuck, were also born in May (May 9, no joke). And your mommy and daddy’s wedding anniversary is on May 20, best day of my life to date and I am pretty confident that your daddy feels the same way. Not to mention that May is home to Mother’s Day. Or you could be late and arrive in June, a very special month in the Orr family. All I want to do is tell your daddy but I have something very fun planned for him. He surprised me on July 4, 2005 on the corner of Peachtree and 10th Streets and I plan to surprise him on that same corner on a cool fall September day with your fun Aunt Anne armed with a video camera to capture the moment. If I can stand it, I will try and hold out until Monday, September 28, the day 6 years ago that your daddy and I went on our first date to a UGA football game. We already have dinner reservations at Pano’s and Paul’s to celebrate….regardless of whether I tell him before then or on that day, we will be celebrating you! Your sweet daddy and I want to become parents so bad that it hurts. We both have so much love to share and want to share it with you. My heart melts thinking about the relationship that you will have with your sweet daddy. He loves harder than anyone I know and he will love you more than you will ever know. You are already the luckiest and most loved baby in the world.
I love you, baby.
Your mommy



The rest of the story is that I did take another test the next morning, it was positive. I took 6 more in the next 2 days, an array of different brands from different drug stores, just in case there were any recalls, yes I am a freak but when you are blessed with the most precious news you feel like it is too good to be true. I also took the tests in different locations, not just at home. Yes, I am a freak but y'all all knew that anyway! I even called my doctor and told the nurse that I had 8 positive tests and asked if I was pregnant. The answer was yes. All the while, I hid the news from John. The most anticipated 56 hours of my life. And we did dine at Pano's and Paul's. And we did celebrate the precious life we had created with God's help.



And the last chapter of the story ended on May 19, 2009 at 8:30 pm when God gave us Frances Bradley Hinson. A true gift.

No comments: