Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 3, 2009

Favorite Photo Friday

Our Church




taken several years ago






In honor of Holy Week coming, I thought this would be appropriate for my favorite photo. I took this picture several years ago when we were attending an event at the Fox Theatre, just 1.5 blocks north of the church. Growing up, we would pass several dozen churches on the way from Vinings to Downtown Atlanta and I never understood what was wrong with all of those other churches and why we couldn't attend those since they were so much closer and didn't involve travelling on the interstate. Well, it wasn't what's wrong with those churches, it is what is so right about North Avenue. Founded in 1898, my family was one of the founding families and my brother and I are 5th Generation members of the church. John even joined the church in early 2006! I was christened there, John and I were married there and we look forward to raising our children there. It is all about family, legacy and tradition. And we too will have to explain to our children why we pass so many other churches to get there and we will proudly do so.


No comments: