Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 6, 2009

32 Week Doctor's Appointment


We had our 32 week appointment today. I figured out that there is a 5 pound difference between 2 of the scales and will know which one to never go to again. (Friends who go to the same practice and you know who you are, don't ever go to the first scale on the left!) Good thing I got that straightened out! We heard the heart beat, always a sweet sound. The doctor measured my stomach/uterus, also known as the fundal height measurement, and it is measuring ahead of where it should be for 32 weeks, a.k.a. measuring BIG! They do this at every appointment and we had been back on target until this appointment. She said maybe baby had another growth spurt so they are going to watch it more closely at our 34 week appointment and possibly do another ultrasound at 36 weeks. Do I need to remind anyone about my reoccuring Jolly Green Giant nightmare? I am to stop travelling at 35 weeks so good thing that won't interfere with our trip to Augusta this weekend (at 33 weeks) and Camilla next weekend (at 34 weeks).



The baby has gone from flutter kicks to full on body surfing.

Sometimes I picture the baby coming out looking like this:


(image borrowed from Google, I do not know this child)


We watch the baby move from one side of the belly to the other and it likes to stick either its head or rear end out at us. You can visably see and feel the petruding body part.

I am rather uncomfortable especially in a seated position, feels like my lungs are going to come out of my nostrils. My knees ache much like I think they would ache a 95 year old woman and I often wonder if I am going to be able to stand up without falling. Handicap bathrooms are a great help with the handle bars on the side. My hips hurt from sqwooshing them all night. I have mastered the carpal tunnel syndrome at night with wrist braces on both hands but haven't given in to wearing them during the day yet. Carpal tunnel is caused by swelling and the doctor thinks I am drinking too much water. And I thought I wasn't drinking enough.

WE attended Breastfeeding for Couples on Saturday. Enough said.


Some recent food favorites:




For Breakfast:




(try it, tastes just like Cinnamon Toast Crunch, only good for you!)

or


with









For lunch:



(not deli meat!)



and




on










For Dinner:


served with





For snacks:


with






To drink:







For anytime:




Who's hungry? I am, all the time!

No comments: