Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend

Friday evening we picked up Chisholm and headed east to Augusta amidst the rain, hail and tornados. We made it safe to Summer and Jason's house and visited with them. Saturday morning Jason fixed us a hearty breakfast then we were off to Augusta National. It was a beautiful day and not as muddy as we had expected from the weather the night before. With a chair in tow and new balance tennis shoes on, John parked me at the 17th green and we had a great time talking to people that we knew who were walking by.

After about 4 hours, 2 pimento cheese sandwiches and half of an egg salad sandwich (which is an all time record for me for least amount of food consumed at the Masters, go figure, I think my sandwich consumption is directly correlated to my beer consumption), we were picked up at the main gate. The baby enjoyed it's first trip to the Masters especially knowing what it means to his/her daddy and granddaddy. Granddaddy Hinson has been attending since age 7 and Daddy John has been attending since age 5. Another great family tradition we hope to carry on.





Sitting in church this morning it was hard not to think about having an 11 month old for Easter next year and all the fun and "firsts" that will bring: Easter Basket, Easter egg hunts, monogrammed (ha!) Easter outfit, etc. After church we had lunch with the Orr Family. There were 16 of us! Our adopted family member Chisholm joined us too.


John with 2 of his favorite ladies

My head is already spinning with what to put in the baby's Easter basket next year! I have some cute ideas/themes that I can't wait to run with! Then I started thinking about the baby's Christmas stocking....


With the beautiful weather, we thought a doggy play date with Tucker was just the thing to do this afternoon so to the creek we went....
















I love my new camera! It really makes a difference with fast moving objects such as dogs and babies!


Congratulations to Angel Cabrera

Winner of the 2009 Masters



Even though I was pulling for

Kenny Perry



But you gotta love this guy.....

Shingo Katayama in his Easter Sunday best:
white pants, pink polo and cowboy hat. WOW.




It was a glorious weekend spent with family and great friends.




2 comments:

Kate said...

So umm where's this creek for the dogs?! Looks like y'all had a wonderful weekend. Is it just me or has your little one dropped a little lower? :)

Caroline said...

Those pics w/ your new camera are awesome!!! Mine is supposed to get here today.