Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 19, 2009

Thoughts on Fannie Bradley's First Month!



The baby girl that has taken over our lives and hearts turns one month old today. I cannot even believe it.




1. Good thing PINK has historically been my favorite color because it has taken over our house in the past month. I can't imagine what it would look like if we had known that we were having a girl!




2. Fannie sneezes are worth every second of three hours of pushing.




3. This little girl produces more dirty laundry than John and I combined. It is out of control.




4. Washing and sterilizing bottles is a 45 minute ORDEAL that has to be done once a day or baby won't have any nipples left.




5. There is nuttin' on television at 3 am so I have learned to have plenty saved on the DVR to get me through the hour long feeding PROCESS.




6. Everything is a PROCESS. Don't ask me to be anywhere before noon.




7. I have started making a list of the absolute must haves and the absolute do not buy just because it is one of Babies R Us' Top Registry Items.




8. Fannie Bradley is really really really long. All parts of her: fingers, toes, arms, legs and even her eyelashes!




9. I can't wait to get a bow in all of that brown hair. As a friend of mine recently said, "No bow, No go." Love it!




10. The Diaper Champ bag has to be changed every 36 to 48 hours. That is A LOT of dirty diapers.




11. My ankles have returned, for the most part.




12. Even babies get toe jam.





13. Fannie Bradley's nicknames, so far: Fanster, Baby Bird, Fussy Fannie, Beautiful, Little Wren's Nest, Love, Fancy Fannie, Baby Girl, Funny Fannie






14. She might as well be a clock. She knows when it is time to eat, 95% of the time, as she starts cooing and squirming around. When we do wake her up, she does a series of stretches that would put Jane Fonda and Richard Simmons to shame.



15. She is still sporting her umbilical cord stump. Strange. That will be question #1 for the pediatrician on Monday.







The past month has been MUCH easier than I thought it would be. Good thing since labor and delivery was MUCH harder than I had thought it would be (labor amnesia has not set in yet and until it does Fannie Bradley will be an only child, sorry Grandmothers!).




WE LOVE YOU FANNIE BRADLEY!

2 comments:

Anne Pearce said...

I don't know what she's thinking in that picture but she's up to something! So cute.

Amy R said...

so glad we got to meet her! She's a doll!