Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bible Study

My Mother and I started a bible study this morning at church. I am the next to the youngest one there and that's okay. I am looking forward to learning from my elders. But what is weird, is that my elders insist on being called by their first names and not Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Jones like I have been doing for 31 years. They consider me an equal and I feel completely inferior.



We are doing Beth Moore's new and improved, Breaking Free study. I did this study years ago, but that was a different time, a different story and a different season of my life.




So in order for my mother and I to both be in bible study means that Miss Fannie B was headed to the nursery. Unattended by any familiar face, quite possibly for the first time. Tragic, I know.



Bible study is 2 hours long. Nursery workers will call your cell phone if there is a problem. I had been stalking my phone all morning then we broke off into small groups so I wasn't looking at my phone every 37 seconds. Find my room where my small group will be meeting, look at my phone. Number I don't know. Very normal for Real Estate. Voicemail waiting. Very normal for Real Estate. Listen to voicemail. I hear my baby screaming. Don't even know what was said in the voicemail. I take off in a dress and Jack Rogers, down several flights of stairs. Get to FB's room, and she looks at me, smiles, starts laughing and holds out her arms reaching for me. She made it 45 minutes. ¡Ay, caramba!



Put FB in her stroller and head back upstairs to my small group. FB plays on the floor and goes through my purse for the next 30 minutes, especially loving a pack of Kleenex and ripping its contents into a zillion pieces. Mommy is mortified. No one else was even phased.



Smalls groups are over and we head back to the combined large group. Grandmommie is of course thrilled to see her baby. Mommy is still mortified. One of the sweet Elder ladies of the church offered to stroll FB around for the remaining of our session. Sure, thanks and good luck!



Fannie charms the pants off of everyone she encounters while she makes her way up and down the church halls, talking and waving Hiiiiiiiiiii (video coming soon of that)!



Maybe next week will be better!?!?!?

No comments: