Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Betties take Burton




I went to Lake Burton last weekend and was away from Fannie Bradley for the first time. I left her in good hands, sometimes I think they may be better than my own, and knowing I was a very short 1 hour and 45 minute car ride away was very reassuring but some vacation I had, as I was EXHAUSTED from missing her (and John) instead of well rested from relaxing the whole weekend! Heartache took on a whole new meaning.




Friday Afternoon


a working Lunch at Wolf Mountain Vineyards in Dahlonega








Friday Night



On the way to dinner at Waters Edge











Saturday Afternoon




There was a new dog in town! Introducing Peanut Faletti. All 3 pounds of him.




Bathing Betties








Lauren sat in the shade and caught up on gossip








Katie took a dip in the lake












We ate some lunch and drank some vino




Andrianna relaxed



and so did Prego




Carrie geared up for some water sports







I don't know what happened in this shot but I sort of like it....






Carrie, a pro slalom skiier





Lindsey and I enjoyed the scenery





Camp Brady


Katie wakeboarded





The changing of the life vests






Lindsey wakeboarded too



and then.....we weren't going anywhere! the rope got stuck in the motor.




The girls tried to pull the boat in. hysterical. The dock was further than it looked.






Carrie trying to wave down help. They just waved back. ha ha



this boat and dog, came to the rescue





and pulled us to shore.....awww....Home Sweet Home




and then my camera battery died



Even if it meant leaving a little slice of heaven, I could not wait to get home to my sweet baby. I think she had grown, really. I like to think she missed me too. I know she did.

No comments: