Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Half Way to Baby! 20 weeks!

We hit the half way mark today in our pregnancy and cannot even believe it. The past 16 weeks have flown by so I can't imagine how fast the next 20 will go. And it is really getting exciting. Not that is wasn't exciting before but with all day morning sickness and a fear of something happening, it was hard to start planning and shopping. But those days are over! We are in full on baby mode and loving every second of it (well besides the time spent at BRU, see #1 below). That is why we are trying to check things off of our baby to do list. We are trying to do one or two tasks a weekend to make it more managable in the long term and we succeeded this weekend. Woo Hoo! My goal is to be completely ready for the baby by May 1st. Please hold me accountable to that!



Tasks for the weekend included:

1. Register at Babies R Us
DONE! (well at least started, need to go back)

I was very prepared for this outing. I have compiled several different lists from other newer mothers of absolute must haves, they were printed and in a folder. We were completely overwhelmed for the mere 1.5 hours we were at the store. It was easier planning a wedding for 10.5 months.



Typical conversation through the whole store, on repeat:
Kyle: John, which one should we get?
John: I don't know, what do you think?
Kyle: I don't know, I have never done this before.
John: Me either.



2. Order crib and changing table
Not exactly done, but I am going Monday to do so! We did make the final decision and are very happy with our choices.



3. Move tall bookshelf from guest room/office (baby's room) to hall
DONE!
Before


After

Not my favorite location for the bookshelf but it turned out much better than I had expected. You do whatcha you gotta do when you have 1300 square feet to work with. And it covers up the ugly fuse box. Now just knock on wood I don't blow a fuse while blow drying my hair, it has never happened before!

Other baby related news:

I have been feeling the baby move for about the last 2 weeks. It is so surreal.

We went to our first prenatal class at Piedmont this week. It was good and I was glad that John got to hear about typical pregnancy symptoms from a professional, just in case he thought I was making this stuff up!

I have signed us up for a infant CPR class, a co-ed breastfeeding class and an all day childbirth class, all occuring in the next 3 months. We are also scheduled for 3 "Meet and Greets" with pediatricians.

Our friends Adrienne and Stuart found out they are having a BOY. Adrienne is due May 22.

I start a prenatal pilates class on Wednesday night. That should be a sight. I am sure there will be good stories to come!

We have our 20 week ultrasound on Wednesday morning. I will post new pictures later that day. I can't wait to see our little sweet pea!


No comments: